Ruedas y Cadenas

Foro dedicado al intercambio de información, opiniones, técnicas, referencias, etc... sobre vehiculos militares a escala.

ÍndiceÍndice  FAQFAQ  BuscarBuscar  RegistrarseRegistrarse  MiembrosMiembros  Grupos de UsuariosGrupos de Usuarios  Conectarse  

Comparte | 

Christmas Fokker

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo 
AutorMensaje
Invitado
Invitado

MensajeTema: Christmas Fokker   Lun 31 Dic 2007, 5:08 pm

Happy New Year friends,

I have been meaning to post some Aircraft here for awhile and I finally have gotten round to it. More soon to follow sun

I built this from the Dragon/DML kit for my Father as a Christmas present. I started it years ago, just never got around to finishing it until now.
Model is out of box except for a few scratch built bits to replace lost parts and pre-printed instruments and Data-plate from Eduard D.VII/D.VIII kits.
The decals are from the Eduard D.VIII as well, but I did use the Lozenge that came with the Dragon kit.

Model was painted with Tamiya acrylics and weathered with oils.

Comments welcome,
Best Regards Smile
John
Andres Mora

Cantidad de envíos : 721

MensajeTema: Re: Christmas Fokker   Mar 01 Ene 2008, 7:24 am

Beauty Flying Razor!!!!! aplauso I have The Hans Goerth with the resin Bust!! , is a nice work!! Clean, single, is perfect for me!!, nice "Lozange" finish!!!
Congr. Your Father must be fell so pride for the "junior" Work!!!

Andres lentes

PD How did you " do" the weathering in the Lozange??? clown
Ver perfil de usuario
Invitado
Invitado

MensajeTema: Weathering   Mar 01 Ene 2008, 10:54 pm

Thank you my friend,

My Father is very pleased with it, one of his favorite planes, so the model was an easy choice. It is one of my favorites as well.
I used to have all of the dragon kits with the busts. they are very nice. I painted up the Ernst Udet, and at the time was very happy with it. I need to re-do it now......Laughing
I think you will enjoy building this kit. The Lozenge is sensitive to decal setting solution, so be careful.

The weathering was done with oil paints. My standard black /brown mix, with more black added at the lower front of the fuselage. I use Turpenoid as a thinner and I am happy with the results, although it can be hard to remove mistakes. I streaked the washes horizontally at the front shifting to vertical past the wing. This may not be accurate but I liked the look. And it helps tone down the too-bright lozenge decals.

Cheers,
John
Juan Andrés Mirabal

Cantidad de envíos : 445

MensajeTema: Re: Christmas Fokker   Miér 02 Ene 2008, 3:53 am

Hi john! Congratulatios! :medal: ala This is a little jewell my friend...You just found the right amount of weathering: I love it! And the lozenge tipe is beautiful, is the first time i see it. I cant wait to start a project like this one! pirat sun
Ver perfil de usuario
Andres Mora

Cantidad de envíos : 721

MensajeTema: Re: Christmas Fokker   Miér 02 Ene 2008, 5:31 am

Jhon, do you try to Mig Thinner? My last weathering work with oils I mix with Mig Thinner, For me is the best!!! tongue Not oils sensation (humbrol), Dry really fast, Is not agresive, Try it!!!, I know about the Gloss Dragon decals, its a nightmare!!! Neutral in fact I destroyed a pair with aero decal (Poison to the decals star ) I think Aero decal is just for Monogram Decal!!!!! Cool Really Thick!!!, I think is not a mistake do the vertical and horizontal lines with oils in the lozange, Just look The fokker Dr. 1 from Kempf in the In Action Book! The WWI Model Builder is a hight level model work! study , Five or six year ago I builded a Pkz WWI Helicopter, was a beauty and enjoy model from Roden, some modificiations , a steel rod in the center, the props really turn , ( I know! is a static model but What a fun!!!!!!! gruñon ) I hope thet you like it!!! lentes
Andres
Dese Duro

Ver perfil de usuario
Invitado
Invitado

MensajeTema: Fokker   Vie 04 Ene 2008, 8:32 am

Hi Juan,
Thank you my friend, I am glad that you like it. It is one of the easier WW1 aircraft to do........I have a 1/72 Spad that will be a Nightmare star

So you should do one! How about a WW1 build group some time this year?
Cheers,
John
Invitado
Invitado

MensajeTema: Chopper   Vie 04 Ene 2008, 8:45 am

Hi Andres,

Wow! I do like your Pkz helo aplauso That looks like a tough build, but you have done a fine job sun I saw one of these at a model show last year, and I am curious about it. I agree that WW1 is the toughest area in modelling, but also rewarding when it works Mad

I do use MIG thinner, but only on Tanks. I can only buy it in small bottles here, so I "save" it for armor. It does work very well, as do all MIG products I have tried. Speaking of that, I want there naked Tiger 2 Hull. It is just very expensive!! Cool

And I will end with, is that a Tiger hiding back there in your Pkz photos???
Hmmmmm.......... study

Cheers,
John
Contenido patrocinado

MensajeTema: Re: Christmas Fokker   Hoy a las 11:20 am

Christmas Fokker
Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba 
Página 1 de 1.